Thursday, April 12, 2007

A bees life

Oho! And here I am, ready to start journalling my adventures, such that they are. I tend to live a rather boring life, I think, with my sister Kirawill and her husband, Zealot Sir, as they have strange ideas about how a girl should be brought up. Something about lessons and propriety and the like, I'm not really sure, as I tend to fade out about halfway through the discussions.

I do know today though, we had quite the day! My sister tends to enjoy unique items, and she happened upon a rather interesting weapon -- a beehive launcher. Well, I tried to tell her to make sure the safety was on, but in the midst of attempting to relieve her of the heavy thing (Ok, so I wanted to try it, I admit!), it went off, and we were surrounded by swarms of angry bees. The house was full of them, and so 'will and I spent the evening shooing bees from each room, but particularly the ones where the Master of the house spends most of his time. Which took a lot of work, as apparently bees enjoy offices. 'will kept yelling because I got distracted many times trying to bat and play with the bees instead of killing or shooing them. I can't help it if I like a little fun, can I?

*watches as a bee takes a meandering path in front of her nose* Ohhh... it looks as if I have some more work to do... I'm sure this journalling will get easier as I get more used to jotting things down...

3 comments:

Edward Pearse said...

Remind me to check on the bee situation before I come to visit next time :-)

Qlippothic said...

And not a single one of these insects has stung you yet? If so either your luck is extreme or your life is charmed! There's a reason some demented genius made a beehive thrower, and it's not to coat foes with honey!

~Qli

Kira said...

My sister and I are very lucky when it comes to bees..... there is also the talent of shooing and then screaming your way into the channel outside that has its way of helping too! ('will wouldn't allow me even taking the pictures of THAT!)